EcoInn Danube - Eco-innovatively connected Danube Region
General objective of the EcoInn Danube project is to enhance cooperation of innovation actors in the field of ecoinnovations with special emphasis on development and application of ecotechnologies in the Danube Region. The project will focus mainly on field of renewable energy and energy saving (efficiency).
- Posted on: 11.04.2017
- Project date: December 2016 - May 2019
- Acronym: EcoInn Danube
- Coordinating institute: Slovak Centre of Scientific and Technical Information
Contact: Slovak Centre of Scientific and Technical Information, email@example.com
Project main pillars:
1. Increase transnational cooperation in ecoinnovations - The only effective way how to face enviro problems is a joint transnational effort. Aim is to interconnect and survey needs and requirements of all elements of the ecoinnovation cycle: general public/consumers intensively demanding new eco-products and services; producers/SMEs forced to produce ecologically; R&D institutions generating new eco-oriented ideas; public institutions and 3rd sector calling for a green production.
2. Increase the match of demand and supply in ecoinnovation - Producers are forced to look for eco solutions enabling them to perform a greener production. Researchers perform environmental research which is often not problem solving oriented. Our aim is therefore to increase the match of demand of producers and supply of researchers in order to support an applied environmentally oriented research which will lead to the development of new ecotechnologies with a practical application. Smart tools for easing this matching will be introduced and adopted.
3. Bring eco innovation actors together - Innovators and researchers lack of practical skills and opportunities for application of their ideas. Business supporters and producers lack of information on talents and new ecotechnologies. Aim is to improve business, eco knowledge transfer and IPR skills of ecoinnovators, to offer a space to present their ideas.
Expected project results:
• Supported result oriented research collaboration of researchers and innovators on one side and producers (companies) on the other side.
• Supported generation of praxis oriented ecotechnologies ready for their application.
• Offered space to companies to present their eco problems and to ecoinnovators to present their ecoinnovative ideas.
• Practical trainings (workshops, summer schools) for gaining unique skills for practical application of ecoinnovative ideas into praxis.
• Enhanced matching of capital seekers and capital providers for eco-innovative projects.
• Increased general awareness on environmental challenges and eco solutions importance.
• New solutions for global enviro and ecological challenges and needs mainly in the field of renewable energy and energy saving (efficiency), but also in the fields identified by stakeholders.