Environmental Protection of International River Basins project
The ENPI-EPIRB started in January 2012 and is scheduled to run for four years. The project targets the improvement of water quality in the trans-boundary river basins of the wider Black Sea region and Belarus.
- Posted on: 22.08.2016
- Project date: January 2012 - September 2016
- Acronym: ENPI-EPIRB
- Coordinating institute: Hulla&Co Human Dynamics KG
It is going to support the move towards modern management tools of achievement of desired water quality status by building capacities and learning-by-doing, by means of development and implementation of River Basin Management Plans for selected pilot river basins.
The specific objectives of this contract are:
- to improve availability and quality of data on the ecological, chemical, and hydro-morphological status of trans-boundary river basins including groundwater,
- to develop River Basin Management Plans for selected river basins/sub-river basins according to the requirements of the WFD.
The main results required to attain the Project objectives are:
1. Increased capacities of the respective national authorities for hydro-biological, chemical and hydro-morphological monitoring of water quality including groundwater; quality assurance procedures in laboratories in place.
2. Increased technical capacities by means of development and implementation of River Basin Management Plans for selected rivers.