TAYSAD - Association of Automotive Parts & Components Manufacturers
TAYSAD is an association established in 1978, being the sole and most competent representative of the Turkish automotive supplier industry. With 350 members, represents 65% of the output of the automotive supplier industry and 70% of the industry’s exports, and employ more than 140,000 people. TAYSAD is a member of the European Association of Automotive Suppliers (CLEPA) and the founding partner of the Automotive Technologies Research & Development Company (OTAM).
As the most competent non-governmental organisation in its own sector, In order to adapt to the changing competitive environment, TAYSAD members closely follow technological developments and continue to invest in innovation and expansion. With the help of their advanced manufacturing capabilities, they produce prototypes, use testing facilities, perform Computerized Numerical Control (CNC) based and conventional machining, engage in product development, pursue collective R&D activities with foreign and domestic companies and use CAD-CAM applications during the design process. The product range of TAYSAD members covers all sorts of parts and is sufficiently diversified to support an 85-90% local parts ratio in domestically-produced motor vehicles.
Cluster Excellence Label: No
- Create strategies to meet the expectations of its members and to support the sustainable growth of the Automotive Supply industry through globally competitive businesses;
- Develop itself by working in coordination with official institutions and stakeholders through the strength derived from its values.
- TAYSAD works with the universities, in order to increase cooperation with the industry;
- Promotes the career days and supports the internship programmes for the automotive engineering students;
- Co-operate with government authorities to improve the competitive manufacturing structure of the sector in order to establish automotive supply strategies by considering the global competition;
- Organise trainings for its members in order to ensure that they will adapt to the changing conditions;
- Organises visits to local and global OEM companies to improve relationship with sub-supplier and also organizes Supplier Days & B2B meetings;
- Provide educational and consultancy services that help its member companies expand lean production techniques.