Cooperation & Networks — Organisations
Agency for Innovation and Technology Transfer, Moldova
Agency for Innovation and Technology Transfer (AITT) is a public body founded on October 29, 2004, in times of great restructuring, with the main objective to coordinate, stimulate and implement the mechanisms of innovation and technology transfer in Moldova. Therefore, the Agency of Innovation and Technology Transfer serves as an intermediary between scientists, on one hand, and public authorities and entrepreneurs on the other hand, their collaboration being implied by the challenges of the modern world and commitments undertaken by Republic of Moldova towards the international community.
- Posted on: 19.04.2017
- Acronym: None
In order to enhance the process of adapting to the standards of the European Union, an area where innovation is the main driver of socio-economic development, AITT has the goal to enable the fast implementation of innovations and transfer of advanced technologies into the production process, bringing its contribution to the modernization of the Moldovan economy.
Fields of activity:
AITT experience in European projects:
- Industrial Symbiosis Network for Environmental Protection and Sustainable Development in Black Sea Basin, SymNet (2011 – 2013)
SymNet main aim was to minimize the environmental degradation in response to climate change effects while maximizing economic and social development in the Black Sea Basin by new innovative approach called industrial symbiosis strategy.
- Technological Transfer Network, TecTNet (2013 – 2016)
The objectives of the TecTNet project are to build up the capacity of Universities in Moldova towards the needs of knowledge transfer and, then, to support the knowledge triangle education-innovation-research.
- Fostering the Knowledge Triangle in Belarus, Ukraine and Moldova, FKTBUM (2013 –2016)
The main goal of the FKTBUM project is to support the ministries of education from Moldova, Ukraine and Belarus in process of modernizing the higher education by introduction in studying process such terms like research and innovation.
- Forming a Network of Innovative Infrastructure Institutions in Cross- Border Region ( 2013 – 2015)
The project’s overall objective is upgrading competitiveness of cross-border region by forming the cross border network of innovative infrastructure institutions, increasing their capacity, consolidation them into a joint research space and inclusion of it to the European research space.
- ENER2I (ENErgy Research to Innovation): Reinforcing cooperation with ENP countries on bridging the gap between energy research and energy innovation (2013 - 2016)
The ENER2I project focuses on the need to find innovative and sustainable solutions to these challenges, directly addressing the gap between new energy research and European industry.
- RERAM: Bridging Gaps between R2I in Resource Efficiency and Raw Materials (2014 – 2016)
RERAM responds to the societal challenge of “Climate change, resource efficiency and raw materials” in Europe’s forestry and woodworking sector. The project targetes the very low resource efficiency rate of the wood processing business in ENP Eastern Countries.
- Networking sites Ukraine, Moldova, Georgia and V4 on Urban Planning and Best Practices (2015-2017)
DETLUP has the goal to improve the knowledge base of local and regional authorities, NGOs and designers – landscape designers, to change their attitudes and provide them with incentives and tools to streamline the operation and good governance of local government.