GREEN ENERGY - Romanian Innovative Biomass Cluster
The cluster main aim is to promote renewable energy in the region. European countries such as Austria, Germany or Sweden have increased the use of biomass for clean energy significantly, while Romania is still estimating its potential - biomass is a very important resource.
The cluster is part of economic representatives, local governments, universities, consultancy firms and institutions that can contribute to the development of this activity, the acquisition and valorisation of biomass as a source of renewable energy with all aspects related to this area. There are 38 active members of the cluster. It is a part of the European Cluster Collaboration Platform(ECCP).
It has participated in the following Support Funded Programmes:
Cluster Excellence Label: Silver
- Develop the value chain in the field of energy willow crops, green waste management and industrial wood-waste management;
- Develop the market for the sustainable use of the biomass for energy purposes (providing heat energy);
- Ensure human resource development in the sector by providing professional training;
- Identify themes for research and innovation projects;
- Ensure professional management of the cluster;
- Participate in international projects and cooperation.
- Representing members’ interests;
- Consulting, professional training;
- Implementing best practice organising energy plant growing and selling;
- Cooperation with institutions, organisations;
- Strategy elaboration regarding renewable energy;
- Attraction of financing sources;
- Realising information campaigns.