North East Regional Innovative Cluster for Structural and Molecular Imaging
North East Regional Innovative Cluster for Structural and Molecular Imaging (Imago-Mol), the only medical imaging cluster in Romania and European Union, is a non-governmental, non-profit organization whose objectives are to support the growth of scientific competitiveness of its members and the economic competitiveness of North East Region in the field of medical imaging by developing a framework for cooperation targeting diversification and optimization of services in this specific area.
IMAGO-MOL Cluster mission is to support the competitiveness development of the structural and functional molecular imaging sector in North East Region. It is a part of the European Cluster Collaboration Platform(ECCP).
It has participated in the following support funded programme:
- Competiveness Operational Program 2007-2013
Cluster Excellence Label: Bronze Label
- Initiate and develop fundamental and applied medical studies, in vivo and in vitro. The studies will track physiological and pathological medical aspects through methods of molecular imaging, functional (eg. scintigraphy) and structural, with proper resolution (X-ray CT, MRI, ultrasound etc.);
- Develop a platform for molecular and structural medical imaging competitive in the context of medical imaging at national and international level;
- Increasing the level of training and specific skills of the cluster members in order to increase the innovation of the SMEs;
- Enhancing national and international cooperation of the IMAGO-MOL Cluster and its members in the field of RDI;
- Increasing the cluster visibility at national and European level through the implementation of promotional and branding activities.
- Development of a platform of providers/stakeholders in the molecular and structural medical imaging in North East Region, including research activities, fundamental and applied medical studies that will follow the medical aspects of physiological and pathological molecular imaging methods;
- Research-developing activities for medical imaging and technologic transfer, with formative impact in university and post university education, economic impact through the SME development and practical impact in improving the diagnosis and treatment of certain diseases;
- Development of projects in partnership in order to obtain funds necessary for RDI activities and technology transfer in the field of medical imaging.