Srednogorie Copper Industry Cluster
Srednogorie Industrial Cluster is a non-profit organization, an initiative of large industrial enterprises in the region of Central Srednogorie: Assarel Medet, Aurubis Bulgaria, Ellatzite Med, Dundee Precious Metals Chelopech and Geotechmin.
The association integrates the companies which define the industrial character of the area of Central Srednogorie: basic industries of mining and processing of copper, gold-containing ores and copper concentrate, high – tech companies producing optical, optomechanical and optoelectronic device systems,companies serving the industrial productions; research and educational organizations, and local government representatives. Members of the organization are some of the largest corporate employers in the country, employing over 8,000 people. The organization centres on the cooperation of interests and abilities of its members, its goal being the improvement of the competitiveness and potential of the regional economy. It is a part of the European Cluster Collaboration Platform (ECCP).
It has participated in the following Support Funded Programmes:
Cluster Excellence Label: Silver
- Increase of the competitiveness of the industry in Central Srednogorie;
- Sustainable development and environmental protection in accordance with national and regional priorities;
- Improvement of technical and social infrastructure in the region;
- Growth of the quality and standard of living;
- Technological innovation and implementation of innovations;
- Improvement of energy efficiency;
- Improvement of the working conditions in the enterprises participating in the cluster network;
- Improvement of the system for enhancing the education and training of the stuff for the needs of the cluster network;
- Implementation of other projects of mutual interest.
- Facilitation of collaboration between members;
- Support of knowledge transfer;
- Support of technology transfer;
- Innovation Management / Support of innovation processes (internal, external);
- Access to public support (regional/national programmes, innovation vouchers, etc.).