Marine Cluster Bulgaria
Marine cluster Bulgaria works for sustainable development of the Bulgarian maritime economy through partnerships and joint actions of all stakeholders. Marine cluster Bulgaria is non-government organization consolidating the efforts of all sectors of the maritime economy in Bulgaria. The association acts towards the creation of favorable conditions for development and enhancement of the competitiveness of the blue economy by introducing new organizational, product, market and technological solutions, training, implementation of best practices, as well as for its promotion at national and international level.
Marine cluster Bulgaria is a full member of the European Network of Maritime Clusters and the Association of Business Clusters in Bulgaria. As a member of the European Network of Maritime Clusters, MCB cooperates with national maritime clusters and their members, participates in the initiatives of the European Commission - Directorate General for Maritime Affairs and Fisheries. The organization has the status "observer" and as such takes part in the Balkan and Black Sea Commission of the Conference of Peripheral Maritime Regions. It is a part of the European Cluster Collaboration Platform(ECCP).
It has participated in the following support funded programme:
- Operational Programme "Development of the Competitiveness of the Bulgarian Economy" 2007-2013
Cluster Excellence Label: No
- Create conditions for the development of the marine industry in Bulgaria;
- Unite the efforts of all branches for improving the competitiveness of the sector;
- Popularise the marine sector on a national and international level;
- Support the members of the association in the activities they perform;
- Research and development and education and training in marine technical specialities;
- Organization of exhibitions, conferences and seminars related to the maritime industry;
- Support participation in various projects, implementing and maintaining relationships with state, municipal, public organizations and institutions.
- Promotes the clustering at national level and the development of strategies and policies;
- Facilitates international transport network integration.