Georgian Tourism Association (GTA)
Georgian Tourism Association is an organisation of Private Tourism Companies, Hotels and Wina companies in Georgia. The association was founded in 2006 to promote the: cooperation between the tourism companies in Georgia; cooperation between private and public sector; capacity building and quality management for tourism services; accessibility of tourism information and country marketing; sustainable tourism development in Georgia; regional tourism development.
- Posted on: 15.12.2017
- Acronym: GTA
Georgian Tourism Association works on product development in incoming, domestic and outgoing tourism. GTA supports the creation of local tourism associations and offers active partnership. The association stands for the improvement of tourism service quality and capacity building. GTA is committed to nature protection and sustainable tourism development in Georgia. Together with our partners we work for country marketing and improvements of tourism information. GTA carries out projects to improve tourism development in Georgia in partnership with Georgian National Tourism Administration, Agency of Protected Areas, international Organisations (USAID, GIZ Private Sector Development project, GIZ regional communal development project, Eurasia Foundation, SDC, IUCN and etc.), local partners (i.e. Elkana, Geoland and etc.) and its member companies.
Excellence Label: Bronze Label
- To promote and further the Georgian travel industry
- To familiarise the public with advantages deriving from tourism
- To facilitate contacts on a professional level between foreign and Georgian enterprises in the tourist domain.
- Increase the involvement and cooperation of the private sector in Tourism information Centre.
- Strengthen the links to the Georgian National Tourism Administration, With Ministry of Environment and International donors.
- GTA annual strategy workshop (prepare Action Plan)
- International Networking BSEC countries and South Caucasus (with partner Associations)
- Projects and Events for Tourism Development in Georgia
- Develop and improve internet tourism information system
- Improve hotels service quality in Georgia, Hotels trainings
- Preparation of regional tourist products and routs (in Caucasus region
- Legal advice is offered exclusively to GTA member companies with regard to travel law, and on the general terms and conditions of business.
- Advise members on both economic and day-to-day questions.
- Member companies can obtain information on business organisation, cost effective management and new technologies.
- Opportunities to get in closer touch with Georgian tourism industry.
- Member companies are invited to the different Conference, seminars and other meetings of association.
- Training and qualification by means of workshops and seminars.