Cluster AEROSPACE TECHNOLOGIES, RESEARCH AND APPLICATIONS (CASTRA) is an industry driven non-government organization of SME’s and Academic institutions developing technologies, products and services in the aerospace domain and its applications.
Cluster AERO-SPACE TECHNOLOGIES, RESEARCH AND APPLICATIONS (CASTRA) is a non-government organisation in public benefit. Its members are business organisations, representatives of the Academia – Universities and R&D institutions and also other non-government organizations, all with expertise, activities and capacity to develop aero-space technologies and their application in innovative products and services , in support of “knowledge and innovation based economics”. It is a part of the European Cluster Collaboration Platform (ECCP).
It has participated in the following funded support programmes:
Cluster Excellence Label: No
- Co-operate in development of research, innovations and technologies within aero-space technologies and research and their applications in industry and other fields of public and private activities;
- Support building up of appropriate options for training, professional qualification and growth of personnel, creating joint educational centres and developing as well of modern educational programs for training in the field of “Aero-space technologies, research and applications” and relevant subjects;
- Create a platform for information exchange, co-ordination of community program initiatives that support development in the field of “Aero-space technologies, research and applications” and improve its competition ability;
- Create national platform for technology in the field of “Aero-space technologies, research and applications”;
- Create increased positive community interest and adaptation towards activities in the field of aero-space technologies, research and their applications, and towards the activities of member-organizations of CASTRA.
- Developing, creating and assisting the application of modern political decisions, strategies, priorities, surveys and instruments for regional and national economical and social development in the field of Aero-space technologies, research and their applications;
- Development of surveys, co-ordination and assistance to national co-ordination authorities for protection the interest of Bulgarian scientific, business and non-government organizations in European and international programs and initiatives;
- Organising seminars, round tables, discussions, educational centres, trainings and educational programs to increase the level of knowledge and qualification of personnel, occupied in the field of “Aero-space technologies, research and applications”;
- Organisation and participation in regional, national and international forums.