The European Innovation Council Expert evaluators needed to help select high-potential innovators
From autumn 2017, Horizon 2020 will support innovation projects from innovators, researchers, corporates and SMEs active in any sector or technology. Various calls will open up for proposals for breakthrough innovations that have the potential to create new markets. This will be part of a pilot European Innovation Council (EIC).
- Posted on: 20.06.2017
The applications for EIC funding will need to be evaluated by experts in innovation. The best SME applicants will be interviewed by a panel of expert evaluators. The Commission is therefore looking to expand its pool of expert evaluators to include:
- entrepreneurs who have started up and scaled up innovative enterprises at European or global level
- investors (including those affiliated with banks, venture capitalists, business angels, crowd-funders etc)
- experts involved in the innovation ecosystem (business schools, universities, innovation hubs, accelerators, etc)
If you are interested in becoming an evaluator, please complete the following steps:
- First, register as an expert. Please fill in your data and when prompted, select keywords that match your expertise. Under the tab 'Area of Expertise – Specialist fields' please also select the keyword 'market-creating innovation'.
- Second, send an e-mail to EASME-EIC-INVESTORS@ec.europa.eu, including your name and surname. It is helpful to mention your expert number from the website mentioned above (example: EX2017A123456).