Memorandum of Understanding signed at Eastern Partnership STI Evaluation Platform Meeting
On 27-28 June 2016, the Shota Rustaveli National Science Foundation hosted an international workshop of the 'Eastern Partnership Science, Technology and Innovation Evaluation Platform'. The IncoNet EaP project had started preparations for a Memorandum of Understanding among the active research funding agencies and research commitees in the EaP countries in 2014. Two previous workshops led up to the current event, which aimed to progress the drafted documents and to find ways to establish an active network functioning beyond the existence of IncoNet EaP.
- Posted on: 04.07.2016
The event involved the relevant organisations from all 6 EaP countries. It focused on the developed roadmap and the future responsibilities to implement the 10 identified activities.
A Moemorandum of Understanding was signed by five of the six countries, the sixth country will sign after approval of the corresponding foreign ministry in the next months to complete the process.
The MoU sends out a signal to EU Member States, demonstrating the interest of the Eastern Partnership region to cooperate in joint activities. The Roadmap was incorporated as an Annex to the Memorandum of Understanding. It outlines these dedicated activities:
- Exchange of thematic reviewers on a case to case basis
- Establishment of a joint reviewer database
- Further use of existing reviewer data currently collected in 'Eval-Inco'
- Quality mechanisms for review and reviewer databases
- Exchange on current practice of agencies and programme owners
- Twinning actions with EU STI funding agencies
- Peer review of funding agencies
- Exchange on STI funding practice
- Capacity building for the STI stakeholders
- Maintainace of the network itself (2 years, hosted jointly by two organisations)