Stakeholder conference on blue economy in the Black Sea
Connecting the region through marine and maritime cooperation
- Event date: September 15, 2017
- Posted on: 03.07.2017
- Hotel Radisson Blu Batumi (1 Ninoshvili Street 6000 Batumi Georgia) , Batumi,
Building on the success of the previous three events, in Bucharest (2014), Sofia (2015) and most recently in Odessa (2016), the conference has turned into a main forum for institutional and private stakeholders working on maritime affairs in the Black Sea to discuss common actions to:
- support blue growth,
- support integration,
- share innovative business practices,
- improve marine knowledge and enhance marine environment
- promote maritime careers,
- identify sources of funding for maritime projects and seek partners to fulfil them.
Technical workshops will focus the debates on the above-mentioned themes and seek an open discussion with the audience.
This year, the conference will also take stock of the implementation of the Bucharest declaration adopted in October 2016 on sustainable fisheries and discuss concrete actions to improve the sustainability of fishing resources, particularly with regard to scientific advice, sustainable small-scale fisheries, capacity building, and fight against IUU fishing.
Source and registration: EC