International Scientific and Practical Conference “BRICS Water Forum”
The Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation is pleased to announce International Scientific and Practical Conference “BRICS Water Forum” to be held in Moscow, Russia, on September 29-30, 2016. The goal of the conference is to discuss the sustainable use of water resources and related advanced solutions in this field
- Event date: September 29-30, 2016
- Posted on: 21.06.2016
- National Research University Higher School of Economics (Russia, Moscow 101000, Myasnitskaya street, 11, room 518)., Moscow,
The conference targets participants from BRICS countries:
- researchers from universities, state and private research centers specializing in the conference thematic areas;
- employees of R&D departments of manufacturing companies;
- representatives of government agencies involved of science and technology policy-making affecting water resources;
- representatives of leading scientific journals;
- representatives of technology transfer centers.
Expected outcomes of the conference include:
- establishment of an integrated community of researchers and experts in the area of water resources working in BRICS countries;
- identification of existing capacities to undertake joint research and development, as well as technology transfer to address the needs of the water sector and the related sectors.
Working languages. Formats and terms of conference participation:
Working languages: Russian and English (with simultaneous translation).
There is no registration fee for participation in the conference.
Costs of travel to Moscow and accommodation are the responsibility of participants. The Organizing Committee may provide information support to international participants related to accommodation options and recommended hotels. During the days of the conference, participants will be offered lunches and coffee breaks as envisaged by the program.
Participants from foreign countries other than BRICS may apply to take part in thematic sessions as “invited speakers”. It is expected that their presentations would not only focus on one of nine specific thematic areas, but also address BRICS water resources issues.
Registration for participants who would like to attend the conference without paper/round table presentation is open until 20 August 2016.