Policy Dialogue — EU-Black Sea Cooperation Programme
EU-Black Sea Cooperation Programme
Ultimately and as a result and synthesis of all its activities and achievements, the BSH project will develop a sustainable “EU-Black Sea Cooperation Programme in STI (BSCP)” to be presented to the afore-mentioned policy dialogue fora for endorsement and support. In that respect the project aims to constitute a good practice example and to contribute towards the direction of an ‘EU Strategy for the Black Sea region’ that, according to High Representative/Vice President Ashton, the Commission should draft in the near future (written answer to the European Parliament E-011310/2013; 3.12.2013).
One of the tasks within the WP1: Black Sea Dialogue in Science, Technology and Innovation is Task 1.4: Towards a sustainable “EU-Black Sea Cooperation Programme in STI (BSCP)”
Based on the policy dialogue with the various stakeholders active in the Region (Task 1.3) and by taking into account the analytical evidence provided (Tasks 1.1, 1.2), the project will draft and propose to the stakeholders an “EU – Black Sea Cooperation Programme in STI” (BSCP).
To ensure the compatibility of the BSCP with existing initiatives and to secure its implementation, the BSCP will be defined in a consultation process involving a wide number of key stakeholders with emphasis on:
- the fields of action (research, innovation, mobility, infrastructures, etc.);
- the means of implementation and funding by considering an optimal and synergetic use of available funding instruments (H2020, ENI, BSEC Project Development Fund, Bilateral cooperation programmes, etc.);
- the governance structure.
In order to prepare the first draft of the BSCP the following will be done:
- Collection of input from the dialogue with the different policy fora (task 1.3) and from the analyses conducted in task 1.1 and task 1.2;
- Launch of the process for the drafting of the BSCP through a meeting with the involved stakeholders i.e. potential donors (ministries, funding agencies, EC), representatives of the Policy Dialogue Fora and key project partners (Brussels, M13).