BSH Grant Scheme to facilitate the participation of Black Sea countries in Brokerage Events and project preparatory meetings – 3rd CALL - APPLY NOW!
This grant scheme financially supports the participation of local researchers from Black Sea countries in brokerage events and project preparatory meetings related to Horizon2020 in the EU Member States or Associated Countries. Such events will allow researchers to network with EU consortia, to build-up partnerships for subsequent joint research activities and to make their institutions and/or their research networks better known.
- Deadline: 30.06.2017
- Call Date: 30.05.2017
Contact: Zita Buday, email@example.com
The thematic priorities of the Call are the following four topics:
'Resource efficiency in relation to water / water management' and
'Applied chemistry & smart materials'.
Social sciences and humanities
Maximum funding per grant is 1000 EUR.
The Black Sea Horizon project has developed a grant scheme to financially support the participation of local researchers from Black Sea countries in large-scale brokerage events and other similar activities in EU Member States or Associated Countries, which are related to Horizon 2020. Such events provide an excellent arena for researchers to liaise and develop synergies, therefore the participation of researchers from the targeted countries will increase their opportunities to get involved and be taken onboard in consortia set up in EU MS/AC countries. It will also allow the researchers to make their institutions and/or their research networks better known to the scientific community.
The thematic priorities of the call are the three topics identified as a result of the previous task T3.1, namely 'Sustainable agriculture', 'Resource efficiency in relation to water / water management' , 'Applied chemistry & smart materials' and “Social sciences and humanities”. The proposed list of events will be: Networking events, Brokerage events organised by the European Commission, large international events organised by other European networks (e.g Enterprise Europe Network). Partners based in BS region are also free to identify events of high importance which will be also considered eligible – especially preparatory meetings targeting at writing joint proposals for H2020 calls.
These criteria have to be met in order to be eligible for participation.
- Be a member or an employee of a research institution/organization and/or of a network of organizations and/or of a higher education institution and/or of an SME-enterprise working on research. The aim is that the participation will have a multiplier effect in the country and/or region.
- Conduct research at the above mentioned organisation in one of the partner countries(AR, AZ, GE, MO, RU, TR, UA)
- Submit a completely filled in application form along with all the required documentation.
- Have a PhD degree and/or at least three years’ full time experience in research.
- Carry out research in one of the three targeted thematic focuses: sustainable agriculture, resource efficiency in relation to water / water management or applied chemistry & smart materials.
- Speaking fluent English.
- Specify at least one call anticipated in H2020 Work Programme for 2016-17, which is in the focus of their scientific research and fit for consortium-building
- Some international experience (already existing contacts in other countries, participation in previous international conferences and collaborations, etc.).
- Commitment to participate in Horizon2020 calls.
- Scientific excellence/Research performance (publications, patents, project, etc.) (50% of the score)
- Previous international cooperation activities (projects and/or structured cooperation with other countries; trainings abroad; participation in international conferences, etc.) (15% of the score)
- Commitment to take full advantage of the participation in the event: expected outcome, concrete plans for cooperation, participation in Horizon2020 calls should be described in more detail including also the expected number of contacts established directly in brokerage/matching sessions, planned signed letters of agreement. (35% of the score)
Additional evaluation criteria
- Gender: Encouragement of female researchers to participate
- Encouragement of young researchers (under 40)
Deadline for submission: 30th June 2017
Latest date of the selected event: 15th December 2017
Formality and eligibility check:
The Local Black Sea Partner will be responsible for the formality and eligibility check. Applications which do not comply with the eligibility criteria will not be considered within the evaluation process.
The evaluation, based on a specified scoring matrix (see below) will be carried out by the Local Partners, the Task Leader and the Coordinator.
Have a postgraduate degree and/or at least three years’ full time experience in research
Yes or No
Be a member or an employee of a research institution and or of a higher education institution or of a research department of an SME in one of the partner countries
Yes or No
Sufficient knowledge of English (having at least intermediate language exam or at least two English publications in journals or edited books)
Yes or No
Upcoming call(s) from Horizon2020 Work Programme for 2016-17 is specified
Yes or No
Research performance/scientific excellence:
max: 10 points
min: 7 points
International cooperation experiences:
max: 3 points
Commitment to take full advantage of the participation in the event:
max: 7 points
min: 5 points
The Grants will be paid by the Regional Centre for Information and Scientific Development (RCISD) in the form of reimbursement of travel, visa and accommodation costs (flight ticket, visa and accommodation only, registration fee and other costs are not covered by project budget) following the events. The Grant cannot exceed 1,000 Euros. If the cost of participation exceeds this amount, the additional cost must be covered by the Grant recipient. The reimbursement of costs will be effected by bank transfer, upon receipt of the invoice issued by the grantee’s organization.
List of recommended events is attached below.
Please get in touch with the Local Partner in your country for any questions regarding the eligibility criteria and the application process:
Armenia: Tigran Arzumanyan firstname.lastname@example.org
Azerbaijan: Babayev Elchin email@example.com
Georgia: Irakli Grdzelishvil firstname.lastname@example.org
Oleg Shatberashvili email@example.com
Moldova: Diana Grozav firstname.lastname@example.org
Russian Federation: Yaroslav Sorokotyaga email@example.com
Elena Nasybulina firstname.lastname@example.org
Turkey: Ayse Sayin Uke email@example.com
Ukrain: Igor Yegorov firstname.lastname@example.org
For general enquiries you can also contact:
Senior International Expert
Regional Centre for Information and Scientific Development, RCISD
H-1021 Budapest, Hűvösvölgyi út 54. V./1