6th European Conference on Corporate R&D and Innovation CONCORDi 2017
CONCORDi 2017 is the bi-annual European Conference on Corporate R&D and Innovation. Organised by the Joint Research Centre in association with the OECD, CONCORDi 2017 aims to identify the research, business and policy challenges in this area for the decade to come, and to provide guidance to the EU industrial research and innovation policy agenda. It will take place in Seville on 27-29 September 2017.
Concept and Call for Papers
On occasion of its tenth anniversary, CONCORDi 2017 aims to present and discuss both theoretical and empirical contributions relevant to corporate R&D, innovation and technological advancement.
Corporate R&D, innovation and technological development are crucial drivers for the dynamics of industry, competitiveness, job creation and welfare, and to guarantee the achievement of a sustainable territorial development in the EU.
A key objective of this Conference is to identify the research, business and policy challenges in this area for the decade to come, and to provide guidance to the EU industrial research and innovation policy agenda.
CONCORDi 2017 welcomes papers on issues related to the economics and policy of corporate R&D and innovation, such as:
- Employment, productivity and growth effects of firms' investment in Research, Development and Innovation
- Entrepreneurship and firms demographics in knowledge intensive activities, and the impact on industrial composition
- Industrial modernisation (advanced manufacturing, digitalisation of production, etc.) and its dynamics
- Current technological frontiers (e.g. "big data" and new analytical techniques such as artificial intelligence) and next generation of technological discoveries (identification, effects and policy issues)
- Geography of industrial innovation and territorial development: challenges and opportunities in the EU
- Knowledge flows and collaboration between companies and other actors of innovation ecosystems at different territorial levels
- R&D and innovation activities in global value chains.
Authors are invited to submit an electronic version of their papers, or an extended abstract of at least 1 and half pages, to JRC-CONCORDi@ec.europa.eu
- Deadline for submissions of long abstracts/papers: 9 May 2017
- Communication of selected long abstracts/papers: 9 June 2017
- Authors' provision of full papers: 8 September 2017.
The Conference will be structured in plenary sessions (with interventions by invited speakers and round-table panellists), parallel sessions (with presenters selected following the call for papers) and posters sessions.
There will be no conference registration fee.
Best Paper Award
The Scientific Committee of the Conference will select the most meritorious paper and grant the Best Paper Award to its author(s).
The most excellent papers presented at the Conference will be proposed for publication in a special issue of an international scientific journal, after following the journal’s usual refereeing procedures.
* Róman Arjona (European Commission, BE)
* Mária Bieliková (Slovak University of Technology, SK)
* Uwe Cantner (Friedrich Schiller University Jena, DE)
* Alex Coad (Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú, PE)
* Giovanni Dosi (Scuola Superiore Sant'Anna, IT)
* Bronwyn H. Hall (University of California at Berkeley, USA)
* Jackie Krafft (Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, FR)
* Pierre Mohnen (United Nations University, NL)
* Pietro Moncada-Paternò-Castello (European Commission, ES)
* Bruno van Pottelsberghe (Université Libre de Bruxelles, BE)
* Mariagrazia Squicciarini (Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development, FR)
* Scott Stern (Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA)
Alessandra Colecchia (Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development)
Nicola Grassano (European Commission, JRC)
Fernando Hervás (European Commission, JRC)
Pietro Moncada-Paternò-Castello (European Commission, JRC) - Coordinator
Alessandro Rainoldi (European Commission, JRC)
Rosy Rueda (European Commission, JRC)
Alexander Tübke (European Commission, JRC)
Antonio Vezzani (European Commission, JRC)